Monday, March 29, 2010

Jour 4460: Spring Break Joy

This spring break, I was able to work more than the sane person should, and got to go to Austin for family bonding. I am a waitress at Carino's, and I enjoy my job. One of my favorite reasons for going to work is to interact with all of the customers we get everyday. To make someone's night that much better makes my work all worth the while. Serving food not be my undying passion. I don't have vivid dreams of myself being the top-notch waitress I know I'm capable of being. I don't wish to stay at Carino's for much longer. But I do love meeting new faces, serving them, and getting to know who they are through my service.

In the middle of my spring break week, me and my wonderful boyfriend, Jimmy, went to Austin to see my cousin and two aunts on my mother's side. We are all extremely close, and they got to meet Jimmy for the first time. Me and Jimmy have been dating for almost a year and a half, and we haven't had the chance to introduce him to my family. Due to my grandmother being sick (and passing away later that week), there is a sense of closeness that our family is experiencing that is unlike any other time in our lives. We are learning to cling to each other for strength and unity. It is so special for me to take part in a unique time in all of our lives.

My spring break mixed the perfect amount of work, play, joy, and sadness. The week couldn't have flown by any faster. Isn't that how spring break always turns out?

No comments: