Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jour 4460: Who I Am

Lately, I have been searching myself and discovering what makes me Emily. I have many facets of interests, and quirky habits unique to my person. When introducing myself to a stranger, what is their impression of me, and should I care? My life will soon take a turn for the better, yet I find myself digging deep to appear as unique as I can be. Oddly enough, I often have trouble.

Public relations is a unique field, and it doesn’t allow for personal interjections when representing a client, right? I never want to lose myself, and what makes me different than anyone else on this wonderful world we live in.



I am realistic. I am known to set real, short-term goals I am capable of meeting within weeks. I’m a dreamer, yet a practical one. I enjoy projects that must be completed in a set amount of time because it forces me to stretch myself to the core. I envision myself as a successful young lady, yet understand that the economy won’t cater to my every whim because of my degree.

I am creative. I blow steam by sitting down at a piano and singing until my lungs scream for air. Creativity humbles me. When I allow my heart to do the talking, my world seems so much larger and opportunities seem in my grasp. I find much joy through different venues of creativity, whether that is through my music, writing, designing or scheming. The gift of creativity was with me when I was born, and I plan to lean on my creative instincts for the entirety of my life.

I am compassionate. I love people and relating to them. Making a new person in the room feel comfortable gives me a high no substance ever could. My heart is an empathetic one. It is my very joy to connect with a new face each day. My resume says that I am a good communicator, but in reality it is because I deeply care for people and what they are about. Everyone has a story, and I would like nothing more than to hear each and every one.

Why would I be a good public relations professional? Because I have what it takes. Not only am I confident in myself, but I am realistic, creative and compassionate. I can only hope that I would stand out in a crowd as being a strong, moral and kind woman that leads by example and through a hard work ethic.

Am I nervous about looking for a job? I would be lying if I said no, yet I believe that there is a career out there for me that will support who I am and what I stand for. I have been inspired, and my prayer is that I may be an inspiration to many.

No comments: